Wednesday, August 28, 2013

God, an Angel, & Three Friends

This is a parable that God gave to me when I was just a young guy. I came across it today as I was going through some old things. I've edited it for a few grammatical things, but it is very much the same parable God gave to me when I was a young kid. I pray God blesses you with this.

God, an Angel & Three Friends

Three boys are walking along when suddenly one of them stops and is looking toward the sky.  One of them asks, “What do you see?”
He answers, “An angel.” The one friend who asked stood silently and let his friend have his moment. 
The other says, “Lord I want to see your angel!” 
The Lord replies, “Why should I let you see my angel?” The boy stands puzzled and doesn’t know what to say. 
So he says, “Lord, I pray that you would forgive me of my sins so that I may see your angel!” He then asks, “Lord now may I see your angel?”
The Lord answers, “Open your eyes and look.” Suddenly the boy sees the angel.

____________________________________

Personal revelation August 28, 2013

The first boy who saw the angel lived a life of faith and was able to see the things of God without hinderance. The second lived a religious, false humility life.  He didn’t have time for miracles and angels. And perhaps he thought his friend was being a little to spiritual.  The third boy has a spirit like Peter. Eager for the things of God but stumbling along the way.  All he needed was to focus on God, allow Him to wash away his blemishes and see the glory of God.


Many of us will fall under one of these categories. Will we live the life of faith and see when God is at work?  Will we speculate at all things too spiritual?  Or are we the last boy who stumbles and falls but takes time to align his life with God? I pray that we’d be the first boy for most of the time and that when we get off track we’d have the sense of the last boy to ask God to forgive us of our sins and move on to the good things He has for us.  May we never have the religious spirit of the second boy. May our hearts not grow cold to the supernatural of God. Our Father has good things for us.  Keep your heart open and live in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment